[darcs-users] darcs patch: add "parallel pairs" (and 6 more)

Nicolas Pouillard nicolas.pouillard at gmail.com
Sat Sep 19 09:06:57 UTC 2009

Excerpts from Ganesh Sittampalam's message of Sat Sep 19 01:18:00 +0200 2009:
> On Fri, 18 Sep 2009, Nicolas Pouillard wrote:
>
> > I have a question about the hunk editing feature.
> > Does it leave the pristine tree as is (like git), or not?
>
> Once you've edited a hunk, you can choose whether or not to record the
> resulting fragments. If you don't record any of them then you'll be back
> where you started - the edited hunk won't be offered next time. So for the
> feature to be any use you'd have to record something and thus change
> pristine.

I think, I wasn't clear enough: the git edit-hunk feature enables you commit
an edited hunk without changing the pristine directory accordingly. That is
you end up with an unrecorded change.

I don't know what semantics is the most useful, maybe both are useful. In fact
I was expecting the pristine to be updated the first time I used the git
feature.

--
Nicolas Pouillard
http://nicolaspouillard.fr