[darcs-users] Including *.tex in the next Darcs release tarball.

Max Battcher me at worldmaker.net
Sat Sep 19 20:18:48 UTC 2009

Gour wrote:

> Trent> So, I think the next release of Darcs could include the .tex and
> Trent> GNUmakefile files in its source tarball.  This would not help
> Trent> cabal-install users at all, but it would allow distros that build
> Trent> from that source tarball (e.g. Debian) to build the manual.
>
> Trent> Thoughts?
>
> What is with the attempt to reST-ify darcs manual?

I'm not Trent, but the last time I asked him he said that he was
focusing first on making (as much as possible) everything handily from
darcs help topics. From there the current plan is to make the text
exportable (probably using Pandoc) from darcs help to reST.

> Has anything changed in Sphinx which would make it more appealing?

I follow the Sphinx mailing list (and use Sphinx in some of my own
projects) and things seem to be progressing well.

For instance, amongst issues that Trent brought up that have since been
solved is that there is now a good Sphinx version of the rst2pdf builder
that uses (python library) ReportLab rather than latex indirection to
build good PDFs, with minimal dependencies.

Sphinx has only continued to gain ground as the best in class for large
reST documentation products.

--
--Max Battcher--
http://worldmaker.net