[darcs-users] darcs patch: Camel-case getLog and getDate exported b... (and 1 more)

Eric Kow kowey at darcs.net
Mon Sep 21 07:01:20 UTC 2009

On Sun, Sep 20, 2009 at 21:25:07 +0100, Kamil Dworakowski wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 17, 2009 at 9:08 AM, Eric Kow <kowey at darcs.net> wrote:
> > Note that I split the fileExists stuff into a separate patch for fear of
> > conflicts.
>
> Just curious, why not split getDate from getLog too?

Mostly to avoid needlessly putting lots of micro-patches into history.
Just trying to manage the trade-off between granularity and things
being broken into nice chunks.  For example, our future whitespace
cleanup patches will probably touch one subdirectory at a time as a
compromise between one patch per file (history pollution) and one big
patch (low granularity).

I think I normally have done *all* of them in a single patch; it's just
that I particularly split the fileExists one because it had a hunk patch
to go with the replace (due to whitespace) and I was afraid of the
conflict...

PGP Key ID: 08AC04F9