[darcs-users] No HTTP proxy support in Windows darcs

Salvatore Insalaco kirby81 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 21 17:19:19 UTC 2009

On Mon, Sep 21, 2009 at 5:48 PM, Simon Marlow <marlowsd at gmail.com> wrote:
> So the darcs we get on Windows these days is not built against libcurl, and
> hence apparently has no proxy support.

Well, that's not really true: all the darcs windows binaries built by
me (and available on darcs.net site) are built with curl support, and
with the curl dll included (if that is not true for 2.3 I've screwed
up :).

It's not really hard to compile on windows a curl-enabled binary (no
msys required), is just a little harder than a "cabal install darcs".

I'll write instructions to do that on wiki as soon as possible.

Salvatore