[darcs-users] darcs patch: add utility functions to Commands.lhs (and 5 more)

Jason Dagit dagit at codersbase.com
Sun Sep 27 06:16:05 UTC 2009

On Sat, Sep 26, 2009 at 1:37 PM, Reinier Lamers <tux_rocker at reinier.de>wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Here's a review of the first two patches. I want to know if you really want
> to undo some changes that your patches have conflicted with. If so, I will
> push it, otherwise, please amend.

I have some commentary to add.  I haven't read the patch carefully yet, but
I see this:
+pullItNow :: (RepoPatch p) =>
+               Repository p -> [DarcsFlag] -> FL (PatchInfoAnd p)
+                            -> RL (PatchInfoAnd p) -> IO ()

pullItNow needs a type-witness type signature.

And it's not the only one, I also see:
+makeBundleFromSelection ::
+    RepoPatch p => [DarcsFlag] -> (RL (PatchInfoAnd p)) -> [PatchInfo]
+    -> FL (PatchInfoAnd p ):> FL (PatchInfoAnd p)
+    -> IO (Doc, Int)

And this one:
+recordItNow :: RepoPatch p => [DarcsFlag] -> String -> String -> Repository
p ->
+              (FL Prim :> FL Prim) -> IO ()

If you push the bundle how it is now, then I expect it to break the
buildbot.

Jason