[darcs-users] hunk editing

Eric Kow kowey at darcs.net
Tue Sep 29 06:52:16 UTC 2009

On Mon, Sep 28, 2009 at 15:09:42 +0200, Florent Becker wrote:
> It's already great with that interface. Not having messed with the beginning
> of the lines is a must for copy and paste.

I'm definitely already a fan with the current interface!

Hmm, I guess that's a matter of perspective.  I'm used to using block
selection in my editor (i.e. just picking the column with the minuses
or plus and changing it), but I can be convinced that not everybody
wants to go learn obscure text editor tricks.

> If needed, one could disambiguate
> the === separator by adding an optionnal line in the header to specify at
> which line numbers the real === are.

One confusing thing, however, is when you try to split a hunk removal

-line1
-line2

Play with that a second and see what I mean.