[darcs-users] tip: all the files touched by a spontaneous branch

Mark Stosberg mark at summersault.com
Thu Apr 1 17:42:58 UTC 2010

When I'm doing QA for our darcs-hosted project, it is often useful for
me to review all the files touched by a specific issue tracker ticket
number-- something common in the patch name that I can match with "-p".

Here's a little shell script that you can pass a regex too (like a
ticket number) and have it output all the files touched by that ticket
number:

# usage: darcs-changes-files.sh 7718 ... prints all files associated
with the 7718 patch.
darcs changes -p $@ --summary | grep '\./'  | cut
-d ' ' -f 6 | sort -u

(The command should all be on one line. )

Perhaps something like this will be useful in your workflow as well.

    Mark