[darcs-users] tip: finding bundles on the darcs patch tracker

Eric Kow kowey at darcs.net
Fri Apr 2 17:53:21 UTC 2010

This is mostly of interest to folks who would like to participate in
patch review.

See http://bugs.darcs.net/patch106 ?

Lots of different versions of patch bundles. How can you tell which is
the latest one?  Or if you need to combine different bundles in your
review, how can you tell what exactly is the right bundle to grab?

It turns out there is a relatively painless way to go about this from
the web interface.

Just click on the permalink for an individual message above that
message.  It's marked 'msgXXXX (view this)'.  So when looking at
patch106, we find that msg10580 talks about the patch we want, we select
the hyperlink to http://bugs.darcs.net/msg10580.  On the bottom of the
page, we see a 'Files' section that lists the attachments to that
message.

It's not ideal, but it's a fairly decent approximation of "good enough".
I've written this down in http://wiki.darcs.net/Development/PatchTracker
and have also filed http://bugs.darcs.net/issue1810 to get a better
approximation in the future.

Note that this technique can also be used for bug tracking...