[darcs-users] [Haskell-cafe] ANN: darcsum.el 1.2 released

Simon Michael simon at joyful.com
Fri Apr 9 17:13:32 UTC 2010

You're welcome, all. My hangs were due to things like

1. unanticipated output from darcs' repo's complex test posthook

2. an unrecorded setpref in another repo

so you would see them only in such situations.

Unfortunately it will still hang if darcs emits something it can't parse. An emacs process-filter is used to drive an
interactive darcs command, like an expect script. The process-filter can receive darcs output in random chunks, so it's
hard to distinguish a parse failure from partial output, unless the output has a recognisable prefix, which some of it
does not (eg darcs amend's.) I'm not sure what a more robust way to drive darcs looks like.