[darcs-users] darcs pull hangs

Axel Simon Axel.Simon at in.tum.de
Sat Apr 10 16:07:11 UTC 2010

Hi all,

I'm trying to merge some larger patches between two repos that are (I
think) still version 1.

There is one patch, that, when selected, gives me:

Shall I pull this patch? (17/17)  [ynWvplxdaqjk], or ? for help: y
Merging us 2 done, 27 queued

And this is all darcs shows me. It hangs here.

I have a few question:

a) Would this problem go away if I convert to the new format? I've
just upgraded to darcs 2.4 and it does something with hashing. I
suppose this hashing is totally orthogonal to the version problem,
right?

b) I thought about obliterating the patch that causes problems and
applying the changes in this patch manually. However, I can't do this
because darcs doesn't offer me this patch for obliteration. Is this
because this patch depends on some other patch?

c) Can I unrecord the patches in the repro that I'm pulling from and
then re-record them in smaller pieces? Would this help?

d) Is there any other dirty workaround?

Any help would be really appreciated. The story is that I've just
converted the Gtk2Hs repo to use cabal. At the same time I allowed
other people to add lots of new stuff to the old repo. Now I'm facing
the task of merging the changes to the old repo into the one that I've
converted to cabal.

Thanks,
Axel.