[darcs-users] darcs pull hangs

Ganesh Sittampalam ganesh at earth.li
Sun Apr 11 12:27:47 UTC 2010

On Sun, 11 Apr 2010, Axel Simon wrote:

>> If you could point me at a copy of the two repos I'll have a look what I
>> can figure out. Cabalizing gtk2hs is a very worthy cause :-)
>
> The source repo that has the offending patch(es):
>
> darcs get code.haskell.org:/srv/code/gtk2hs
>
> The repository into which I want to incorporate the patches:
>
> darcs get http://www2.in.tum.de/~simona/gtk2hsCabalized

Which of these two repos is more likely to have patches that other people
have copies of?

The appropriate thing normally would be to edit the patches that won't
have "escaped". Although you say "offending patch(es)" above, the problem
is really symmetric in that it's the combination of the two repos that has
a problem, not either one individually.

That said, it may prove easier to edit one side than the other, so if it
doesn't matter which side is edited, then that would be useful to know.

Cheers,

Ganesh