[darcs-users] darcs convert on non-independent repos

Eric Kow kowey at darcs.net
Sun Apr 11 15:31:05 UTC 2010

On Sun, Apr 11, 2010 at 16:03:50 +0100, Ganesh Sittampalam wrote:
> In particular, I believe the following scenario is also OK:
>
> repo X = A;B
> repo Y = A;C

> Can anyone pick any holes in this reasoning?

Not me although that isn't saying much.

As long as darcs convert preserves patchinfo (which seems like the
obvious thing to do), that *sounds* right.

At the risk of distracting from your core point, I would also think
that any permutation of A allowed by darcs is also fine, ie. just as
long as it's really the same set.