[darcs-users] darcs pull hangs

Axel Simon Axel.Simon at in.tum.de
Sun Apr 11 16:34:33 UTC 2010

On 11.04.2010, at 14:27, Ganesh Sittampalam wrote:

> On Sun, 11 Apr 2010, Axel Simon wrote:
>
>>> If you could point me at a copy of the two repos I'll have a look
>>> what I can figure out. Cabalizing gtk2hs is a very worthy cause :-)
>>
>> The source repo that has the offending patch(es):
>>
>> darcs get code.haskell.org:/srv/code/gtk2hs
>>
>> The repository into which I want to incorporate the patches:
>>
>> darcs get http://www2.in.tum.de/~simona/gtk2hsCabalized
>
> Which of these two repos is more likely to have patches that other
> people have copies of?
>
> The appropriate thing normally would be to edit the patches that
> won't have "escaped". Although you say "offending patch(es)" above,
> the problem is really symmetric in that it's the combination of the
> two repos that has a problem, not either one individually.
>
> That said, it may prove easier to edit one side than the other, so
> if it doesn't matter which side is edited, then that would be useful
> to know.

Unfortunately, the public repo at code.haskell.org contains many
patches that need editing and the http repo is the one into which
quite a lot of work went in order to make it build with cabal. Thus I
don't want to undo anything here.

I've now unrecorded these 17 patches and re-recorded them on a file-by-
file basis. I'm now applying them to the new repo.

The new repo has seen some file movements and renaming and obviously
some conflicting changes to files. I'll how bad it gets.

Thanks for the info,
Axel.