[darcs-users] GSoC: network optimisation vs cache vs library?

Reinier Lamers tux_rocker at reinier.de
Sun Apr 11 17:39:58 UTC 2010

Hi all,

Op zondag 11 april 2010 16:39 schreef Eric Kow:
> We also have a third project to consider.
>
> It aims to make bring a Darcs GUI much closer to reality by helping us
> to clean up the Darcs library (notably by separating the UI IO, from the
> low-level repository IO).

I think a GUI is very important, almost just as important as performance. If
we were in a fairytale world where we could get two GSoC students, I'd rather
see one work on performance and another on a GUI than to see both work on
performance.

As for the original question of network vs. cache, I think the network is more
important, simply because it is the harder of the two.

Reinier