[darcs-users] Is there a tool to sync between hg and darcs?

Miklos Vajna vmiklos at frugalware.org
Tue Apr 13 14:32:51 UTC 2010

On Mon, Apr 05, 2010 at 12:14:10PM -0700, Simon Michael <simon at joyful.com> wrote:
> On 4/4/10 2:38 PM, Miklos Vajna wrote:
> > You can also use ... darcs-fast-{import,export}.
>
> I remember playing with one of these.. if you know, could you give an update on their status ? Existing, working,
> actively maintained ? They sound useful and deserving of more promotion/integration.

They are now merged to bzr-fastimport which is actively developed. The
latest code can be checked out using:

bzr branch lp:bzr-fastimport fastimport

see the exporters/darcs subdirectory.

If you find bugs, report them to launchpad and I'm trying to fix it up.
I has documentation, testsuite, etc.

So it exists, it's working for me and a lot of bzr users, it's
maintained actively (ie. if there is a problem I'm trying to fix it),
but not really developed as it is already in a shape I'm happy with.
(Patches welcome of course. :) )

Once distros upgrade to bzt-fastimport-0.9, it'll be included in a
packaged form in many distros, like Debian, Frugalware, etc. :)