[darcs-users] how to launch text editor on Windows?

Jason Dagit dagit at codersbase.com
Tue Apr 13 17:11:07 UTC 2010

On Tue, Apr 13, 2010 at 1:54 AM, Eric Kow <kowey at darcs.net> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> This is the continuation of http://bugs.darcs.net/issue1463
>
> I didn't follow all this, but it looks like there is a consensus to
> default to write.exe (aka WordPad) [but not NotePad because it does not
> understand Unix line endings].

I wouldn't be surprised if notepad.exe does not handle unicode either.

Trying hard to think of potential problems with wordpad, it seems like it's
possible for wordpad to save your data as RTF instead of plain text.  I'd
have to try things out to know for sure.

Do we have any proof of concept work for testers to play with?

Jason