[darcs-users] GSoC: network optimisation vs cache vs library?

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Sat Apr 17 09:08:57 UTC 2010

Max Battcher writes:

 > in the scenario. Even if the best long-term solution is to increase
 > darcs performance, the immediate, nearest-term solution is to improve
 > Trac+darcs and provide a good experience for users of today's versions
 > of darcs. Does that make sense?

+1

I would add that the people who are very good at the kind of work
needed to make Darcs itself go fast probably aren't all that good at
making web UIs go fast, and vice versa.  This is a chance for people
who do web services and use Darcs to contribute to Darcs, if there are
any who want to.  I don't interpret Max as calling for Jason, Petr,
and Ganesh to go hack Trac.  Eh, Max?