[darcs-users] darcs 2.4.1 benchmarks

Eric Kow kowey at darcs.net
Sat Apr 17 14:21:41 UTC 2010

On Thu, Apr 15, 2010 at 16:19:38 +0200, Guillaume Hoffmann wrote:
> Is there a recipe somewhere to generate the charts that are on the other pages?

Max is working on integrating his chart-generation approach into
darcs-benchmark using the hs-gchart library.

He had some Python code which screen scrapes the wiki stuff (or
maybe reads the RST files) but I don't think it understands our
new annotations '?' and '~' (for < 5 and < 20 runs respectively).

Note that if you're using HEAD darcs-benchmark then your benchmarks are
saved in ~/.darcs-benchmark (I think) and that subsequent runs will
accumulate the results.  This is just us acting on an assumption that
more data is better data.

Somebody with more time could look into integrating criterion into
darcs-benchmark so that we have a better idea how much data is "enough"
data.