[darcs-users] Can't record / Hashes mismatches

Ashley Moran ashley.moran at patchspace.co.uk
Mon Apr 19 09:02:59 UTC 2010

On Apr 17, 2010, at 3:34 pm, Eric Kow wrote:

> We currently offer official binaries for Windows on darcs.net, but we
> would need (A) a more thought-out policy on how to deal with official
> binaries for multiple platforms and (B) a volunteer to provide official
> binaries on MacOS X.

Ok, I understand.  Once upon a time it was easy, I just did a MacPorts upgrade, but that stopped when GHC broke on OS X :-(

> Unfortunately, "@darcs" is owned by somebody right now (inactive).
> I've located a friend of that person who is willing to get in touch
> with her, but have not chased up on this.  Also, I'm not particularly
> enthusiastic about creating yet another communications channel
> -- we're up to email, wiki, blog, bug tracker, IRC, Facebook and
> FriendFeed and Eric commenting on Google BlogSearch results --
> so I'm actually willing to be quite passive about this.

I see your point.  Don't underestimate the viral power of Twitter for marketing though.  I have had a few people try - and use - technologies because I tweeted about them.  CoTweet[1] is good for that ;-)

Cheers
Ash

[1] http://cotweet.com/

--