[darcs-users] GSoC: network optimisation vs cache vs library?

Lele Gaifax lele at nautilus.homeip.net
Wed Apr 21 08:14:14 UTC 2010

On Sun, 18 Apr 2010 17:02:18 -0400
Max Battcher <me at worldmaker.net> wrote:

> Even when only expecting
> "legitimate" user interactions, a website should always keep in mind
> that multiple, and possibly many, simultaneous requests can and will
> occur...

I'll try to address the issue, by making sure requests don't trigger
the same operation (involving "darcs query contents") concurrently.

> I also made the suggestion that Trac+Darcs could provide a command to
> pre-populate the cache (easily built on top of a processing queue),
> which could be invoked outside of normal "business hours" (via cron)
> or even as a post-hook to darcs operations. (My own "darcsforge"
> system attempts to do as much of its caching as it can in an apply
> post-hook.)

This is also a new feature of Trac 0.12, that I'll try to finish in my
trac-darcs 0.8.

ciao, lele.
--
nickname: Lele Gaifax    | Quando vivrò di quello che ho pensato ieri
real: Emanuele Gaifas    | comincerò ad aver paura di chi mi copia.