[darcs-users] can't get repository lock

Dan Pascu dan at ag-projects.com
Thu Apr 22 12:43:06 UTC 2010

In the same context I mentioned before (a cron job running darcs pull -
aq for about 8 repositories every 30 minutes) I see this message
sometimes:

Waiting for lock /home/repositories/callcontrol/_darcs/lock
Couldn't get lock /home/repositories/callcontrol/_darcs/lock

The repository name may vary, but it's a subset of the 8 repositories
(I've seen 2-3 of them regularly while the others I never seen giving
this error).

Any idea what could be causing this?

I should mention that none is doing any write operations in those
repositories except the cron job that does pull regularly. Otherwise
the repositories are used by trac-darcs in a read-only mode (show
patches, files, ...). Is it possible that a read-only operation that
trac-darcs uses to inspect the repo may lock it so a pull is not
possible at that moment?

--
Dan