[darcs-users] Something is seriously wrong with Darcs on Windows

Eric Kow kowey at darcs.net
Sun Apr 25 11:15:00 UTC 2010

> PS: I have push'd a dependency bump on mainline. I'll let others resolve
> the situation wrt 2.4.x...

Hashed-storage 0.4.12 really was just the one change that you talked about
which I'm willing to sign off on (I don't really understand it, but I do
understand that it's a partial rollback to hashed-storage 0.4.8 style code on
Windows).

[I'm saying this because I was going to make a remark about sticking to our
principles of reviewing before pushing, but then I realised my "care to do the
honours" could have been taken as an implicit review -- apologies for the
miscommunication -- so I thought I'd make it explicit and we'd be sorted]

So the next steps are to

1. Get this on Darcs 2.4.2 - I'll get the ball rolling on this

2. Perhaps send a bug report upstream?  Is there a sensible notion
   of upstream here, like http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/ghc/ ?
   Could you look into this perhaps, Petr?

3. Work out what to do about future testing and stability.