[darcs-users] Conversion to darcs2 repositories

Ganesh Sittampalam ganesh at earth.li
Sun Apr 25 23:39:04 UTC 2010

Hi Dan,

On Sun, 25 Apr 2010, Dan Pascu wrote:

> On 22 Apr 2010, at 16:17, Sittampalam, Ganesh wrote:
>
>> Well, I am knowledgeable in the internals :-) I agree we should improve
>> the message.
>>
>> But I don't fully understand what might be going on in this case if
>> there's no message about lossy conversion. Are the repos you're
>> converting available publicly or can they be made so?
>
> The project is open source, but I'm not sure if access to the repository
> has been opened as we also host private repositories on that server.
> Normally it should be, but rather than checking this on the server, it's
> easier for me to just send you an archive with the repository. I will do
> so in a separate private email, in order not to spam the list with 200+
> kb of data.

Thanks. I've tracked this down to a bug, but a harmless one, i.e. you can
ignore the messages as they are completely wrong.

In the process of fixing it I think I have massively sped up darcs
convert, but this seems too good to be true so I will do some further
analysis/discussion with others before submitting this.

Ganesh