[darcs-users] why does darcs convert merge patches?

Ganesh Sittampalam ganesh at earth.li
Sun Apr 25 23:43:55 UTC 2010

Hi,

The darcs convert command uses "tentativelyMergePatches" to add patches to
the fresh repo, passing an empty list for the local patches to merge with.

This seems odd - why not just go directly through the call to add the
patches at the end of the repo? Changing it to do this makes a massive
difference to the speed.

If anyone has any idea why it is the way it is, please let me know! As
far as I can tell it's been that way since the beginning.

Ganesh