[darcs-users] Equality dependencies among support packages [was: Something is seriously wrong with Darcs on Windows]

Eric Kow kowey at darcs.net
Mon Apr 26 11:52:03 UTC 2010

On Mon, Apr 26, 2010 at 12:48:47 +0100, Ganesh Sittampalam wrote:
> Previously we had lower-bound dependencies, and then darcs 2.4.1 might
> or might not have had a certain bug depending on which version of
> hashed-storage got linked in - and we don't even have a good way of
> displaying what version that was at runtime.

One minor bit of good news is that HEAD and consequently the next major
release of darcs *will* have this ability.  It's probably not reasonable
to include it in the darcs-2.4.x line as it requires Cabal 1.8, and it
doesn't change the fact that fixing dependencies will make life a good
deal more predictable for us (at least until things are more stable as
Ganesh says).

PGP Key ID: 08AC04F9