[darcs-users] [patch211] Accept issue1232: darcs convert forgets ... (and 2 more) [status=accepted-pending-tests]

Eric Kow kowey at darcs.net
Mon Apr 26 15:25:53 UTC 2010

On Sat, Apr 17, 2010 at 16:22:59 +0000, Dino Morelli wrote:
> Sat Apr 17 11:45:30 EDT 2010  Dino Morelli <dino at ui3.info>
>   * Accept issue1232: darcs convert forgets _darcs/prefs/prefs
>
> Sat Apr 17 12:06:38 EDT 2010  Dino Morelli <dino at ui3.info>
>   * Resolve issue1232: darcs convert forgets _darcs/prefs/prefs
>
>   Added code to copy the _darcs/prefs/prefs file into the newly created
>   darcs2 repository during a convert. A dumb copy is possibly not the best
>   solution, but is better than nothing.
>
> Sat Apr 17 12:19:29 EDT 2010  Dino Morelli <dino at ui3.info>
>   * style tweak: reformatted an import

Thanks for the amend! (and sorry for the late reply).

Resolve issue1232: darcs convert forgets _darcs/prefs/prefs
Yeah, see how much easier it is to understand what's going on in the
patch?

> +      -- Copy over the prefs file
> +      let prefsRelPath = darcsdir </> "prefs" </> "prefs"
> +      copyFileOrUrl [NoLinks] (repodir </> prefsRelPath)
> +         prefsRelPath Uncachable

Looks fine (as you say, we'll have to satisfice on this for now)

style tweak: reformatted an import
----------------------------------
> +import Darcs.Arguments
> +   ( DarcsFlag
> +      ( AllowConflicts, NewRepo, SetScriptsExecutable, UseFormat2
> +      , NoUpdateWorking, NoLinks
> +      )
> +   , reponame
> +   , setScriptsExecutableOption
> +   , networkOptions
> +   )

No particular objections one way or the other.

Generally speaking, I think darcs style should just aim to lend itself
to stability (no back-and-forth or dithering), simplicity (no asking
yourself what the policy is; should be self-evident or intuitive) and
minimal patches (changing something should not induce too many changes
to unrelated stuff).  The simplicity argument is why I've been
(semi-automatically) generating all these camel case patches.  It's to
eliminate people asking themselves what the difference between the
camelCase and the underscore functions are and which style they should
use.