[darcs-users] Something is seriously wrong with Darcs on Windows

Eric Kow kowey at darcs.net
Tue Apr 27 10:54:02 UTC 2010

Hi Simon,

On Mon, Apr 26, 2010 at 22:52:32 +0100, Simon Marlow wrote:
> Could you submit a bug for that?  I'm not by a Windows box right now to
> test it, but looking at the code it looks like lstat has exactly the
> same implementation as c_stat:

> foreign import ccall unsafe "HsBase.h __hscore_lstat"
>    lstat :: CFilePath -> Ptr CStat -> IO CInt
>
> foreign import ccall unsafe "HsBase.h __hscore_stat"
>    c_stat :: CFilePath -> Ptr CStat -> IO CInt

Is there any relation whatsoever between this issue, and the recent
http://bugs.darcs.net/issue1826 and Brian Smith's comment on Reddit
that "The problems with building using GHC 6.12 on Windows are caused by
a change in GHC's internal representation of filepaths on Windows; they
were narrow strings previously and they are wide strings presently" [1]_

Thanks,

Eric

.. [1] http://www.reddit.com/r/haskell/comments/buz97/why_arent_you_contributing_to_haskell/c0ouhuy