[darcs-users] sans-server workflow

Eric Kow kowey at darcs.net
Tue Apr 27 12:34:15 UTC 2010

On Tue, Apr 27, 2010 at 00:44:38 -0400, Keith Sheppard wrote:
> Hi, I wrote a how-to post on using darcs to collaborate without a repo
> server. I'm no darcs expert though so please let me know if something
> needs changing.
>
> http://blog.keithsheppard.name/2010/04/darcs-no-server-no-problem.html

You may be also interested in the context file mechanism, if you're
not already familiar with it.

You can send against a context file, which stands in as a substitute
for another repository.

(darcs changes --context is what you're looking for)

Incidentally, the .dpatch files that darcs send generates also double as
context files, so if somebody sends me a patch against (say)
http://darcs.net and I want to see exactly what the patch looks like
from their point of view, I can do something like

  darcs get http://darcs.net --context foo.dpatch
  cd darcs.net
  darcs apply -i foo.dpatch
  darcs diff --last=4