[darcs-users] Something is seriously wrong with Darcs on Windows

Petr Rockai me at mornfall.net
Tue Apr 27 12:37:08 UTC 2010

Simon Marlow <marlowsd at gmail.com> writes:
> I see the problem.  In GHC 6.10.x, System.Posix.Internals.lstat was calling the
> 32-bit stat function, but the accessor functions st_sizeof and co are expecting
> the 64-bit stat struct.  Luckilly we never tickled the bug in GHC (and strictly
> speaking, System.Posix.Internals is not a public API).
I see. Well, indeed, strictly speaking this is not a public API. On the
other hand, there's no public API that can be used to do a stat without
considerable overhead. (The problem with the public API is that it uses
unsafePerformIO which is *very* expensive...)

> In 6.12.x we fixed that bug, but at the same time we started using the Unicode
> variant of stat, so lstat/c_stat now take a CWString rather than a CString.
Ok, so I'll have 3 variants of the code then. It's an isolated low-level
module... (The compile problem introduced on win32 6.12 has already been
reported, I'll fix that later.)

Yours,
   Petr.