[darcs-users] [patch222] Add support for matching against log messages [status=amend-requested]

Vincent Zweije vincent at zweije.nl
Tue Apr 27 15:54:27 UTC 2010

On Tue, Apr 27, 2010 at 04:28:59PM +0100, Eric Kow wrote:

||  2. What are the user stories?
||     Trent has some autogenerated patches, for example, by etckeeper that
||     dump useful information in the long comment, for example, the
||     packages installed.  He wants to find patches that refer to those
||     packages, so he would say something like
||     darcs changes --match 'log libarchive1 2.8.0-2'

Another data point: I'm tracking a subversion repository in darcs. The
subversion URL and revision number of each change go in the long
comment. It would be nice to be able to find back such changes directly
in the darcs history, without grepping in either the subversion or
darcs history.

Ciao.                                                          Vincent.
--
Vincent Zweije <zweije at xs4all.nl>    | "If you're flamed in a group you
<http://www.xs4all.nl/~zweije/>      | don't read, does anybody get burnt?"