[darcs-users] Darcs on OS X

sblist at me.com sblist at me.com
Tue Apr 27 22:48:38 UTC 2010

On 2010-04-27, at 1:10 PM, Eric Kow wrote:

> Folks,
>
> I think Darcs should provide provide official binaries for MacOS X to go
> with the Windows ones.
>
> See Florian Gilcher's comments
>  http://lists.osuosl.org/pipermail/darcs-users/2010-April/023806.html
> for more specific recommendations

I've been building standalone darcs binaries since 1.0.9 because
I didn't want to require GMP.Framework as the other binaries
available at the time did. I'm willing to continue doing that, and
perhaps adding additional features such as an installer. It seems,
however, that Five Square have been doing that for a while now
and it probably doesn't make sense to duplicate effort.

> Comments?  Any reason this may be a bad idea, cautionary notes?

I don't have machines running Mac OS 10.4 or 10.5, so I would be
unable to test on those platforms. Targeting previous version of the
OS might be tricky, but perhaps someone else already has experience
with that.

Regards,

- Scott Bell