[darcs-users] can't get repository lock

Dan Pascu dan at ag-projects.com
Wed Apr 28 03:06:30 UTC 2010

On 27 Apr 2010, at 17:03, Eric Kow wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 22, 2010 at 15:43:06 +0300, Dan Pascu wrote:
>> Is it possible that a read-only operation that trac-darcs
>> uses to inspect the repo may lock it so a pull is not possible at
>> that
>> moment?
>
> Sounds rather silly, doesn't it?  I would not rule out the possibility
> (as I doubt the other explanation of one of the pulls taking longer
> than
> 30 minutes).

A pull lasts a few seconds (that is if it has anything to pull, else
it just return immediately). The pull is done between 2 computers on
the same LAN and the repositories are rather small. I have bigger
repositories, but I do not see the message with them. The repos that
exhibit this are rather small (around 200-300 patches) and they are
never slow when pulled from on the command line. I'd say that this is
definitely not the reason (the 30 minute timeout, I mean).

--
Dan