[darcs-users] [patch156] replace slurpies with hashed-storage

Petr Ročkai bugs at darcs.net
Wed Apr 28 22:10:41 UTC 2010

Petr Ročkai <me at mornfall.net> added the comment:

Hi,

this is the current incarnation of the noslurps patchset. It should work with
current darcs HEAD (it also needs hashed-storage HEAD). I have resolved
conflicts and I have added a warning about pristine conversion.

As soon as this is merged, I will move on to the newset patch (it will need
some amending both due to noslurps and other intervening work). Also, I will
probably start working on the Cache code, since it is in a desperate need of
repair. I have mostly ignored Cache so far in the new pristine handling code,
but this comes with one downside: pristine hardlinking is no longer
automatically maintained. I'll try to restore that feature during the cache
refactor.

Yours,
   Petr.

PS: IIRC, there was some slight collateral damage from noslurps, but I can't
recall it anymore and the testsuite does not seem to complain. If you notice
something, please shout ASAP.

32 patches for repository http://darcs.net:

Mon Feb  8 23:47:04 CET 2010  Petr Rockai <me at mornfall.net>
  * Remove implementation of --store-in-memory, simplifying matcher code.

Wed Feb 10 13:26:01 CET 2010  Petr Rockai <me at mornfall.net>
  * Replace SlurpDirectory usage in Commands.Add with Tree-based code.

Thu Feb 11 00:47:11 CET 2010  Petr Rockai <me at mornfall.net>
  * Re-implement the Slurp-based file/dir existence-check functions in terms of Trees.

Thu Feb 11 00:48:20 CET 2010  Petr Rockai <me at mornfall.net>
  * Re-work Commands.Add (simplify, use the new treeHas* functions).

Thu Feb 11 00:50:00 CET 2010  Petr Rockai <me at mornfall.net>
  * Generalize announceFiles used by whatsnew and use it in record as well.

Thu Feb 11 00:57:54 CET 2010  Petr Rockai <me at mornfall.net>
  * Purge Slurpy usage in Commands.Rollback (use announceFiles from whatsnew).

Thu Feb 11 01:13:26 CET 2010  Petr Rockai <me at mornfall.net>
  * Use stock setScriptsExecutable from Darcs.Repository in Commands.Convert.

Thu Feb 11 01:13:53 CET 2010  Petr Rockai <me at mornfall.net>
  * Re-implement optimize --relink using Trees instead of Slurpies.

Thu Feb 11 01:14:35 CET 2010  Petr Rockai <me at mornfall.net>
  * Re-implement setScriptsExecutable using Trees instead of Slurpies.

Thu Feb 11 10:31:53 CET 2010  Petr Rockai <me at mornfall.net>
  * Port Commands.Move from Slurpy to Tree.

Fri Feb 12 11:17:51 CET 2010  Petr Rockai <me at mornfall.net>
  * Cannot "darcs remove" non-existent files.

Fri Feb 12 11:18:44 CET 2010  Petr Rockai <me at mornfall.net>
  * Use a more canonic way to create empty hashed pristine in optimize (--upgrade).

Fri Feb 12 11:28:42 CET 2010  Petr Rockai <me at mornfall.net>
  * Reimplement applyHashed in terms of hashedTreeIO (Storage.Hashed.Monad).

Fri Feb 12 11:32:58 CET 2010  Petr Rockai <me at mornfall.net>
  * Use a more canonic way to create empty hashed pristine.

Fri Feb 12 11:33:22 CET 2010  Petr Rockai <me at mornfall.net>
  * Replace slurp_recorded with readRecorded in make_new_pending.

Fri Feb 12 11:36:41 CET 2010  Petr Rockai <me at mornfall.net>
  * Remove SlurpDirectory.

Thu Feb 25 07:30:37 CET 2010  Petr Rockai <me at mornfall.net>
  * Avoid use of SlurpDirectory in Commands.ShowFiles.

Thu Feb 25 07:35:13 CET 2010  Petr Rockai <me at mornfall.net>
  * Purge unused fileExists from Commands.Record.

Fri Mar 19 15:37:31 CET 2010  Petr Rockai <me at mornfall.net>
  * Automatically drop size prefixes from all of pristine when needed.

Fri Mar 19 16:04:05 CET 2010  Petr Rockai <me at mornfall.net>
  * Remove a couple of unused Cache parameters.

Wed Apr 28 22:34:46 CEST 2010  Petr Rockai <me at mornfall.net>
  * Make the automatic pristine conversion a bit nicer.

Wed Apr 28 22:36:29 CEST 2010  Petr Rockai <me at mornfall.net>
  * Filter out _darcs in setScriptsExecutable.

Wed Apr 28 22:48:11 CEST 2010  Petr Rockai <me at mornfall.net>
  * Resolve conflicts in Commands.Remove.

Wed Apr 28 22:50:30 CEST 2010  Petr Rockai <me at mornfall.net>
  * Resolve conflicts in Commands.Convert.

Wed Apr 28 22:52:31 CEST 2010  Petr Rockai <me at mornfall.net>
  * Resolve conflicts in Commands.ShowFiles.

Wed Apr 28 22:53:29 CEST 2010  Petr Rockai <me at mornfall.net>
  * Resolve conflicts in Repository.Internal.

Wed Apr 28 22:53:42 CEST 2010  Petr Rockai <me at mornfall.net>
  * Resolve conflict in Commands.Move.

Wed Apr 28 23:04:41 CEST 2010  Petr Rockai <me at mornfall.net>
  * Resolve conflicts in Match.

Wed Apr 28 23:05:05 CEST 2010  Petr Rockai <me at mornfall.net>
  * Resolve conflicts in Commands.Add.

Wed Apr 28 23:05:10 CEST 2010  Petr Rockai <me at mornfall.net>
  * Resolve conflict in Commands.Record.

Wed Apr 28 23:53:37 CEST 2010  Petr Rockai <me at mornfall.net>
  * Make clean_hashdir work on repository-local dirs even without caches.

Wed Apr 28 23:54:46 CEST 2010  Petr Rockai <me at mornfall.net>
  * Clean up unused bits in Repository.HashedIO.

Darcs bug tracker <bugs at darcs.net>
<http://bugs.darcs.net/patch156>