[darcs-users] [patch318] tune the patch parser (and 10 more)

Petr Rockai me at mornfall.net
Wed Aug 4 10:03:47 UTC 2010

Hi,

Jason Dagit <bugs at darcs.net> writes:
> So, if I implement the above space leak fix, do you plan to accept the
> patches?  I ask because if you are not planning to accept them I won't
> bother with the fix :)

one thing before the patches are pushed -- from your darcs-benchmark
output, I gather the new parser is more than a factor of 2 slower than
the old one and this is directly reflected in darcs pull performance. I
would be wary of pushing this set unless we know for sure that this drop
in performance will be eventually (before next stable darcs) reversed.

(I am not completely on top of this set, so if that has already been
addressed and I am looking at the wrong darcs-benchmark output, please
ignore this. I was looking at
http://wiki.darcs.net/Benchmarks/ParserRefactor)

Yours,
   Petr.