[darcs-users] [issue1891] darcs stash

Ashley Moran ashley.moran at patchspace.co.uk
Wed Aug 4 11:02:08 UTC 2010

On Aug 04, 2010, at 11:57 am, Eric Kow wrote:

> OK, and just to be precise, you agree that the workflow Max suggested
> would have been easier than the one you were using were you still in the
> pre-Dropbox days, right?

The problem pre-Dropbox was that there was no way to push and pull between our individual (or at least, our individual _workstation_) repos.  If I understand, what Max is describing is something we do now.

> I'd like to hear more people who would actually use this and who would
> find the alternative record many 'WIP...' patches and unrecord them in
> one go workflow too painful in practice.

BTW, just to clarify - we never have multiple WIP patches.  It's only for the purpose of moving *everything* in one working copy to another repo.

> We really have to work hard and be principled at resisting feature creep
> and shaping our features so they all fit together harmoniously.  Hence
> the interminable discussions!

I understand.  The last thing you want is a UI like git ;)

Cheers
Ash

--
http://www.patchspace.co.uk/