[darcs-users] [patch330] Add a "buildbot-try" script to contrib that submits lo...

Petr Ročkai bugs at darcs.net
Fri Aug 6 12:36:30 UTC 2010

Petr Ročkai <me at mornfall.net> added the comment:

Eric Kow <kowey at darcs.net> writes:

> On Fri, Aug 06, 2010 at 12:05:57 +0000, Petr Ročkai wrote:
>> How would you do that? I.e. how do you find such a tag, programatically?
>> (I would rather not assume too much about what patches you have in your
>> repo, since that could break in fairly interesting ways...)
>
> I'm suggesting not to try and solve it programmatically.
>
> Perhaps we can at least assume that (for example), we have the tags for
> the last stable major release minus one in common.

And change the script every major version? Come on... Also, if someone
tries to unpull an old patch (cherry picking, plausibly due to
suspecting that old patch of breaking something) they will be missing
the tag and the script will fall apart.

It would be *much* better to just implement get --intersection than to
try work around its absence (effectively implementing a bad and slow
version of it in bash).

Yours,
   Petr.