[darcs-users] darcs patch: tune the patch parser (and 16 more)

Jason Dagit dagit at codersbase.com
Sat Aug 7 23:57:41 UTC 2010

DO NOT APPLY THESE.

I'm sending them along because others wanted to play with them.

Cheers,
Jason

17 patches for repository http://darcs.net:

Sun Jul 25 01:56:10 PDT 2010  Jason Dagit <dagit at codersbase.com>
  * tune the patch parser
  This patch is based on a few observations:
    * alterInput (const foo), completly replaces the parser's input
    * after peekInput, the above trick avoids redundant processing
    * best to leave a packed ByteString packed

Sun Jul 25 05:06:51 PDT 2010  Jason Dagit <dagit at codersbase.com>
  * add utility functions to ReadMonads
  The intention of these functions is that in the future we will be able
  to use more conventional notation to express parsers in the darcs source.

Sun Jul 25 06:31:32 PDT 2010  Jason Dagit <dagit at codersbase.com>
  * refactor Read and ReadMonads to remove peekInput from Read

Sun Jul 25 06:56:58 PDT 2010  Jason Dagit <dagit at codersbase.com>
  * refactor Patchy to not use peekInput

Sun Jul 25 07:16:05 PDT 2010  Jason Dagit <dagit at codersbase.com>
  * remove peekInput from Real.  peekInput no longer exported from ReadMonads

Sun Jul 25 07:18:55 PDT 2010  Jason Dagit <dagit at codersbase.com>
  * cleanup import list of Patchy

Sun Jul 25 07:29:11 PDT 2010  Jason Dagit <dagit at codersbase.com>
  * ReadMonads no longer exports alterInput and clean up a few warnings

Sun Jul 25 07:44:03 PDT 2010  Jason Dagit <dagit at codersbase.com>
  * refactor Read to use myLex'

Sun Jul 25 07:46:18 PDT 2010  Jason Dagit <dagit at codersbase.com>
  * ReadMonads no longer exports myLex, clean up imports in Real

Sun Jul 25 09:33:59 PDT 2010  Jason Dagit <dagit at codersbase.com>
  * refactor Read to not rely on 'work'

Sun Jul 25 10:51:20 PDT 2010  Jason Dagit <dagit at codersbase.com>
  * ReadMonads no longer exports maybeWork fix other modules to match

Sat Aug  7 08:34:21 PDT 2010  Jason Dagit <dagit at codersbase.com>
  * remove all uses of try from parser code

Sat Aug  7 09:01:48 PDT 2010  Jason Dagit <dagit at codersbase.com>
  * micro optimizations to parser code
  These micro-optimizations should always be safe; prefering ByteString
  over String and reducing packing/unpacking.

Sat Aug  7 09:03:42 PDT 2010  Jason Dagit <dagit at codersbase.com>
  * remove try combinator from ReadMonads

Sat Aug  7 09:05:42 PDT 2010  Jason Dagit <dagit at codersbase.com>
  * fix conflict in Bundle

Sat Aug  7 09:08:37 PDT 2010  Jason Dagit <dagit at codersbase.com>
  * remove redundant imports in Patchy and Real

Sat Aug  7 16:27:33 PDT 2010  Jason Dagit <dagit at codersbase.com>
  * first pass at switching to attoparsec