[darcs-users] [patch326] Add a simple non-network test for darcs get over http.

Eric Kow kowey at darcs.net
Sun Aug 8 12:27:24 UTC 2010

On Wed, Aug 04, 2010 at 18:49:41 +0000, Petr Ročkai wrote:
> this is a simple proof-of-concept for tests of HTTP functionality that do not
> need actual network connectivity and are generally self-contained. The downside
> is that they do need lighttpd installed (and currently also the port 23032 on
> localhost to be free, although we could improve on that).

Key points from Petr's patch:

- if lighttpd is not installed, the lib just exit 200s; skipping any
  test that calls serve_http

- the test has the responsibility of calling finish_http
  Do we need to do something more clever to make sure we
  don't accidentally have a bunch of these lighttpds running
  should a test fail?

- is there something similar we could do for ssh?

For a faster response, please try +44 (0)1273 64 2905.