[darcs-users] [patch335] Resolve issue1908: try to create a global cache before...

Petr Rockai me at mornfall.net
Sun Aug 8 13:20:02 UTC 2010

Eric Kow <kowey at darcs.net> writes:
> Also, does createCache deal correctly with cache entries that are explicitly
> marked readonly (in darcs sources, not in the filesystem mind you)?  Or is
> that such a corner case that we shouldn't worry about it.

This whole block is guarded with "| writable", so I wouldn't worry about
that.

> -                                 do
> -                                   checkCacheReachability (show e) c
> -                                   (fname,x) <- filterBadSources cs >>= ffuc
> -                                   do createCache c subdir
> -                                      createLink fname (fn c)
> -                                      return (fn c, x)
> -                                    `catchall`
> +                                 do createCache c subdir `catchall` return () -- don't worry
> +                                    checkCacheReachability (show e) c
> +                                    (fname,x) <- filterBadSources cs >>= ffuc
> +                                    do createLink fname (fn c)
> +                                       return (fn c, x)
> +                                     `catchall`
>
> This looks like it just added the createCache, which seems fine if my questions
> above are fine.
>
> Same request to Adolfo: please produce minimal patches to ensure fast review.
I actually shuffled the createCache out of the inner block. Not sure the
patch could be made any smaller.

> Also, the comment could probably say something more useful than "don't worry"
> perhaps explaining why we try to create the cache (it may be missing) and why
> it's no big deal if it fails
Oh. I didn't intend to actually add that comment :D. The idea is that we
check whether this worked on the next line.

Yours,
   Petr.