[darcs-users] Unlock after a broken pipe

Le Farfadet Spatial le.farfadet.spatial at free.fr
Sun Aug 8 19:38:59 UTC 2010

Hello everybody out there!

     Please forgive me Eric, I have written to your personal address.

On 08/08/2010 16:54, Eric Kow wrote:
> Have a look at
> http://wiki.darcs.net/FAQ#my-repository-complains-about-not-being-able-to-get-a-lock

This answer exactly my question, thank you.

     Anyway, I have tried and do my push once more, which failed once again:

$ darcs push yoann at le-bars.net:/var/www/yoann/repos/MIT-2010/
yoann at le-bars.net's password:
Pushing to "yoann at le-bars.net:/var/www/yoann/repos/MIT-2010/"...
Thu Aug  5 11:16:37 CEST 2010 le.farfadet.spatial at free.fr
   * Changement mineur
Shall I push this patch? (1/3)  [ynWvplxdaqjk], or ? for help: y
Sat Aug  7 03:48:48 CEST 2010 le.farfadet.spatial at free.fr
   * Changements Yoann 6/08/2010
Shall I push this patch? (2/3)  [ynWvplxdaqjk], or ? for help: y
Sat Aug  7 11:57:24 CEST 2010 le.farfadet.spatial at free.fr
   * Ajout conclusion
Shall I push this patch? (3/3)  [ynWvplxdaqjk], or ? for help: y
yoann at le-bars.net's password:
Write failed: Broken pipe
darcs: fd:6: hPutBuf: resource vanished (Broken pipe)

     Well, I am still a very beginner, I do not have an idea on how I
can diagnose what happens to try and solve this. What I know is that
there is a big binary file (an picture) added in one of the patches.
Nothing on the following two URLs has helped me, but I may have misread
something:

http://wiki.darcs.net/DiagnosticMessages
http://wiki.darcs.net/Troubleshooting

> Do you have any suggestions on how the Darcs UI could be made more
> explicit to deal with this? (or are we handling this correctly so
> far)?

Well, for this particular problem, I think that the error message was
perfectly clear enough, I have easily understand what was the problem.
Also, the FAQ entry was very clear. The only thing was that I have not
been able to find out the entry by myself. I will be glad to do some
suggestion to help and make navigation on documentation easier, but
before I need a better understanding of its organisation.

     Kind regards.

                                                     Yoann Le Bars

--
L'antre du farfadet :