[darcs-users] [patch347] Accept issue1290: darcs diff --index sup... (and 5 more)

Eric Kow bugs at darcs.net
Fri Aug 13 17:56:09 UTC 2010

New submission from Eric Kow <kowey at darcs.net>:

Hi Reinier,

6 patches for repository http://darcs.net/releases/branch-2.5:

Petr thinks that issue1290 does not belong in the Darcs 2.5
release because it's so late in the release cycle.  While I
find it a bit regrettable, I'm inclined to agree to him :-/

What do you think?

Thu Aug  5 13:45:59 BST 2010  Eric Kow <kowey at darcs.net>
  * Accept issue1290: darcs diff --index support.

Fri Aug 13 18:50:23 BST 2010  Eric Kow <kowey at darcs.net>
  * Fix issue1290 test.
  I forgot that we count backwards.  I also try to introduce some asymmetry here
  to make it a bit clearer we're not accidentally passing.

Fri Aug 13 18:52:57 BST 2010  Eric Kow <kowey at darcs.net>
  * Resolve issue1290: support diff --index.

  While the matching code knew how to identify the context and
  fluff patches matchFirstPatchset and matchSecondPatchset),
  it did not actually know how to unapply them (getFirstMatch
  and getPartialSecondMatch).

Fri Aug 13 17:47:59 BST 2010  Eric Kow <kowey at darcs.net>
  * Move Darcs.Match module-specific haddock to module level.
  Also correct last_match to secondMatch.

Fri Aug 13 18:10:53 BST 2010  Eric Kow <kowey at darcs.net>
  * Improve module-level documentation for Darcs.Match.

Fri Aug 13 18:22:44 BST 2010  Eric Kow <kowey at darcs.net>
  * Reframe Darcs.Match.matchFirstPatchset documentation.
  This says the same thing but hopefully makes it easier to grasp.

files: accept-issue1290_-darcs-diff-__index-support_.dpatch, unnamed
messages: 12154
nosy: kowey
status: needs-review
title: Accept issue1290: darcs diff --index sup... (and 5 more)

<http://bugs.darcs.net/patch347>