[darcs-users] hashed-storage dependency policy, revisit 2011-08?

Eric Kow kowey at darcs.net
Sat Aug 14 11:14:18 UTC 2010

Hi darcs-users and Jason (BCC'ed),

I'm opening this thread mainly for easier archiving of our
hashed-storage policy discussion.

The discussion was on
  http://irclog.perlgeek.de/darcs/2010-08-13#i_2700684 and seems to have
  ended around 20:42 UTC without a resolution.

The IRC channel is great for spontaneity, but I'd like to point out that
when it comes to making a decision, it could be good to transfer to
darcs-users so everybody is up to speed (and can participate where
relevant).

As I understand it, the consensus is we're still keeping hashed-storage
in lock step for maybe one year and then revisit the policy to see if
things have stabilised enough for us to loosen up a bit.

Note that I've marked the current policy on
  http://wiki.darcs.net/Development/Policy

Thanks!