[darcs-users] Wiki entry about trackdown linear / bisect

Eric Kow kowey at darcs.net
Tue Aug 17 10:07:11 UTC 2010

On Tue, Aug 17, 2010 at 01:26:35 +0200, Radoslav Dorcik wrote:
> I wrote following small page for --bisect vs linear trackdown:
> http://wiki.darcs.net/DarcsInternals/Trackdown

Thanks for this! This actually seems more user oriented than
DarcsInternals (which is about providing high-level technical detail).
Well, actually, it's a bit fuzzy.  What's your intention here?

> It would be great if somebody take a look on current content otherwise
> it can spread invalid information :)

I haven't had a chance to study the technical side, but one bit of wording:

  The purpose of this text is help to recognize why the --bisect is not always
  good. It the most cases the standard linear trackdown serves better.

I'd suggest just saying that the text is to help you understand when to use
the standard trackdown and when to use bisect.

Hooray for documentation!

Eric

PS. I've mentioned this before, but there's also
      http://github.com/droundy/iolaus-broken/blob/master/Iolaus/DeltaDebug.hs
    to consider