[darcs-users] a question regarding prehooks

Benjamin Franksen ben.franksen at online.de
Fri Aug 20 12:11:37 UTC 2010

Hi

I am trying to use a prehook to modify some of the file(s) changed before
they become recorded. But I found no way to find out, from the hooked
script, what files have been changed. Is there a way? If not, I would put
this as a feature request. I imagine something like putting

  apply prehook COMMAND '%N' '%D' '%A' '%F'

into _darcs/prefs/defaults. When COMMAND gets called, darsc passes it the
listed arguments on the command line, replacing %{N,D,A,F} etc by,
respectively, patch name, date, author, and a list of files touched.

Would this be possible/desirable?

Cheers
Ben