[darcs-users] rebase: initial preview release

Ganesh Sittampalam ganesh at earth.li
Fri Aug 20 21:51:23 UTC 2010

On Fri, 20 Aug 2010, Simon Marlow wrote:

> This one would have helped me most: as far as I can tell 'rebase unsuspend'
> doesn't understand --skip-conflicts

This is now fixed.

> The message "The following local patches are in conflict:" is printed even if
> there are no local patches in conflict.

As is this.

The need for 'rebase start' and 'rebase finish' is now also removed. A
rebase starts when you suspend a patch and finishes when you unsuspend the
last patch.

I don't *think* it'll eat your repository, but I can't be certain :-)

darcs also constantly reminds you about suspended patches. I'm interested
in feedback on whether this is a good thing.

In general development work I'm doing right now probably has the most
chance of having bugs - my initial public version had actually been tested
by me quite a bit over several months. I should of course write proper
testcases, but I haven't yet.

Ganesh