[darcs-users] [Haskell-cafe] ANNOUNCE: ipatch, the interactive patch editor

Joachim Breitner mail at joachim-breitner.de
Sun Aug 22 19:32:44 UTC 2010

Hi,

Am Dienstag, den 03.08.2010, 22:52 +0200 schrieb Joachim Breitner:
> I have written a tool to interactively edit patches, which under the
> hood uses the Darcs API. A more catchy introduction, including a
> screencast, can be found on
> https://www.joachim-breitner.de/blog/archives/425-ipatch,-the-interactive-patch-editor.html
> which ends (and this is where you come in) with
> „So this is an invitation to join me and make ipatch a great tool. This
> invitation goes especially to the Darcs developers: Please have a look
> how the code uses the Darcs API and help to improve the collaboration
> here. I think we can use the darcs-users mailing list until there is
> need for a dedicated mailing list.“
>
> The code is on http://darcs.nomeata.de/ipatch/.

with Darcs 2.5 Beta 3 on Hackage, I could also upload ipatch to hackage:
http://hackage.haskell.org/package/ipatch
and it is now cabal-install’able.

I also made the program now handle patches that add or remove files,
extended the help texts a bit and added a test suite. This means that
you can actually make use of ipatch as of now, to split patches into
several small patches and to apply a patch interactively. Of course it
needs some more testing, and you might have feature wishes – in either
case, let me know.

Greetings,
Joachim

--