[darcs-users] Fast import/export, contrib packages & hashed-storage

me at mornfall.net me at mornfall.net
Mon Aug 23 10:27:32 UTC 2010

On Mon, Aug 23, 2010 at 09:00:29AM +0100, Sittampalam, Ganesh wrote:
> Can we relax it just for libdarcs but not the darcs exe?

This could work for now, yes. I'll submit a patch (hopefully we can include
that in 2.5).

> This won't survive once darcs itself uses libdarcs directly, but that
> might be a while anyway.
>
> If it gets too messy I agree we should just relax it for both.
>
> However in this particular case, don't you depend on 0.6.0 whereas darcs
> is using 0.5.x? Is 0.6 backwards compatible enough that we could depend
> on >=0.5.2 and < 0.7 in darcs?

I depend on 0.5.3, actually (0.6 is a long shot still). The dependency is on
some minor API additions and (major) performance improvements (partially
enabled by the new APIs). I'll release 0.5.3 in the near future.

> darcs-fastconvert, perhaps?

Sounds reasonable, so unless someone comes up with a better name, I'll stick to
that.