[darcs-users] Fast import/export, contrib packages & hashed-storage

me at mornfall.net me at mornfall.net
Mon Aug 23 12:02:15 UTC 2010

On Mon, Aug 23, 2010 at 12:27:32PM +0200, me at mornfall.net wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 23, 2010 at 09:00:29AM +0100, Sittampalam, Ganesh wrote:
> > Can we relax it just for libdarcs but not the darcs exe?
>
> This could work for now, yes. I'll submit a patch (hopefully we can include
> that in 2.5).

I take that back. Even if libdarcs allows hashed-storage 0.5.3, it is never
going to be built against it, unless building the "darcs" binary is disabled,
if the latter mandates 0.5.2.

I am also not sure it's a good idea to build libdarcs against 0.5.2 and
darcs-fastconvert against 0.5.3, even if that may be technically possible:

Warning: This package indirectly depends on multiple versions of the same
package. This is highly likely to cause a compile failure.
package darcs-2.4.98.3 requires hashed-storage-0.5.2
package darcs-fastconvert-0.1 requires hashed-storage-0.5.3

(I haven't gotten around to importing the actual code yet, so it *might* work.
But the warning isn't very encouraging and I expect the build to actually
break.)

Yours,
   Petr.