[darcs-users] Fast import/export, contrib packages & hashed-storage

Eric Kow kowey at darcs.net
Wed Aug 25 09:59:17 UTC 2010

On Mon, Aug 23, 2010 at 14:02:15 +0200, me at mornfall.net wrote:
> I take that back. Even if libdarcs allows hashed-storage 0.5.3, it is never
> going to be built against it, unless building the "darcs" binary is disabled,
> if the latter mandates 0.5.2.

In the future, it might be nice for the darcs binary to be
separate package from libdarcs (*).  Do we all agree on such a
(medium-term) goal?  And if so, is there any sane/reasonable way to
hurry that objective?

(*) Which could in turn be split into separate libraries à la Camp,
    perhaps useful as a way of enforcing modularity.