[darcs-users] is this a legitimate way to convert from v1 to v2?

Lev Lvovsky lists2 at sonous.com
Thu Aug 26 13:35:13 UTC 2010

Hi Eric,

On Aug 25, 2010, at 2:22 AM, Eric Kow wrote:

> http://wiki.darcs.net/FAQ#should-i-convert-my-repository-to-the-darcs-2-format

Yep, we've weighed the options, and they lean heavily towards conversion.

> One scenario where this may be safe is if you can make sure that the
> history of the main repo is a prefix of the main-branch repo.  You can
> do this with
>
>  darcs get main tmp
>  darcs pull --repo tmp main-branch
>
> Then converting main and tmp separately should work

We cannot guarantee that it'll be a prefix.  In my case, the patches in the branch repo happen to fall in the middle of the timeline of the main repo.

>> In testing this with a push, darcs failed with an error messsage which
>> I took to prove just that.
>
> Could I see that error message, out of interest?

It would seem that the error was unrelated (problem with the libraries it was compiled against).

Thank you,

-lev